Windows 2000 Support

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 19 August 2010

Beware of imitators

Posted on 15:58 by Unknown
Lately a lot of these 'system tune-up' companies have added features they claim similar to Process Lasso's ProBalance. Let me urge caution, without being disparaging of anyone. It took years to refine the ProBalance algorithm, even though I'm an expert in this field. Put simply, it takes real world testing and feedback before you truly know if you've 'got it right'. I strongly recommend you disable any feature similar to ProBalance when found in other PC tune up software. After all, Process Lasso consumes almost no resources and will do the job better.

That's just my word of advice, and comes from me evaluating some of these new 'features' seen on tune-up utilities.. as well as experience with my own mistakes years ago. Since I am obviously biased, I do encourage you to try their mechanisms for yourself if you want.

I know something about software development and marketing -- but not much about business. I do know how the 'business type' operates though, and is why I intentionally try to avoid that mindset. What you're going to find is that most utilities are more interested in selling you something than actually doing anything for you. That's not always the case, and there are exceptions. Just beware, that's all.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • WARNING: Cracks for Process Lasso may modify HOSTS file
    WARNING:  Cracks for Process Lasso have been seen to modify your system HOSTS file so that you can no longer access  bitsum.com  and/or  bit...
  • Licensed user update dialog - Activation code will be automatically populated in license validation box
    Licensed User Update Dialog  - Activation code will be automatically populated in license validation box First, to be clear, the license val...
  • No more COM
    Years ago I wrote my process enumeration and management module. It primarily uses the NT Native API, giving it extended capabilities over th...
  • Process Lasso v3.65.3 beta released
    I've released the first new beta that is 100% UNICODE. I've regression tested almost all the software, though there may still be som...
  • Licensing changes ... Yes, I still call it Free. Do you?
    Starting in Process Lasso v3.50, there have been a few minor changes to the licensing. The free build has these changes: ADDED a system tray...
  • Nag annoyance reduced
    The battle to come up with a tolerable licensing system continues. I struggle with this, as I want my software to be completely free. Howeve...
  • Version 6 Goes Final
    Version 6 Goes Final as v6.0.0.58 I don't even know where to start with the changes, so I'm going to refer you to two documents. Nei...
  • Surprising Benchmarks on AMD Processors - Why the old Phenom II x6 remains a great CPU
    Surprising Benchmarks on AMD Processors The good old x6 Phenom II performs *almost* as fast as the latest unreleased generation of AMD proce...
  • Nag screen changes
    Hi my loyal Process Lasso users and friends. Yes, that's right, I've made many new friends during this project ;) I just wanted to l...
  • Code review and bug tracking continues
    This is the tedious part of pre-release work ;o. I will release a new beta though, as soon as I possibly can. Although I've got new prob...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (1)
    • ►  March (1)
  • ►  2012 (6)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2011 (166)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (14)
    • ►  June (17)
    • ►  May (19)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (27)
    • ►  February (31)
    • ►  January (20)
  • ▼  2010 (203)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (34)
    • ►  October (38)
    • ►  September (17)
    • ▼  August (19)
      • A couple backports to v3.84.7
      • Graph tooltips coming (for real)
      • Process Lasso v3.99.17 beta - fixes install error ...
      • v3.99.15 beta - a solid stride forward
      • New version 4 activation system completed
      • Going beta
      • Builds coming fast, v3.99.12 alpha hits
      • New watchdog option to divide CPU % thresholds by ...
      • v3.99.11 beta coming tomorrow
      • Beware of imitators
      • v3.99.10 updated - all builds now the same (activa...
      • Activation codes assigned
      • All users being assigned activation codes
      • v3.99.10 released - but another alpha, not beta
      • Limited time home license sale (5 days)
      • Results of TrialPay experiment
      • Version 4 (v3.99) - Introducing faster load time a...
      • When does the evolution of v4 stop?
      • Activation code confusion
    • ►  July (19)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (16)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2009 (43)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile