Windows 2000 Support

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 30 October 2009

Process Lasso v3.70.2 released

Posted on 11:27 by Unknown
I've released the second minor update to v3.70. This update includes a few optimizations and a couple minor cosmetic fixes. More importantly, I've replaced the old update mechanism with a simplified rendition. Although I have plans to eventually automate the entire update process, this is a good improvement for now. Given below is a brief list of the characteristics of this new update checker.

  1. During install it will ask the user if he or she wants to enable periodic update checks. This is asked only ONCE, not asked again on updates/reinstall.
  2. The periodic update checks setting applies to all users. It is stored in the HKLM hive. In previous version, it was stored in the configuration file and therefore tended to be per-user. The old INI setting has been deprecated.
  3. The update check enabled setting can be toggled from the GUI, just like the old one. On UAC enabled systems the user will be prompted for appropriate rights elevation when he or she toggles it.
  4. The update check can be invoked from the GUI, just as before. However, its a one click action now. The check will be instant and it will report back to you via a simple message box.
  5. If periodic update checks are enabled, the GUI will check once every 7 days. If it finds an update it will notify the user via a message box. If it doesn't, the user will see nothing.

Next on the agenda is optional automatic updates that utilize the silent (/S) switch of the installer. Process Lasso will self-download, self-install, and all the user will see is a brief recycle of the system tray icon. Imagine.. not having to ever manually run the Process Lasso installer again ;). This feature is not far off at all...
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • WARNING: Cracks for Process Lasso may modify HOSTS file
    WARNING:  Cracks for Process Lasso have been seen to modify your system HOSTS file so that you can no longer access  bitsum.com  and/or  bit...
  • Licensed user update dialog - Activation code will be automatically populated in license validation box
    Licensed User Update Dialog  - Activation code will be automatically populated in license validation box First, to be clear, the license val...
  • No more COM
    Years ago I wrote my process enumeration and management module. It primarily uses the NT Native API, giving it extended capabilities over th...
  • Process Lasso v3.65.3 beta released
    I've released the first new beta that is 100% UNICODE. I've regression tested almost all the software, though there may still be som...
  • Licensing changes ... Yes, I still call it Free. Do you?
    Starting in Process Lasso v3.50, there have been a few minor changes to the licensing. The free build has these changes: ADDED a system tray...
  • Nag annoyance reduced
    The battle to come up with a tolerable licensing system continues. I struggle with this, as I want my software to be completely free. Howeve...
  • Surprising Benchmarks on AMD Processors - Why the old Phenom II x6 remains a great CPU
    Surprising Benchmarks on AMD Processors The good old x6 Phenom II performs *almost* as fast as the latest unreleased generation of AMD proce...
  • Nag screen changes
    Hi my loyal Process Lasso users and friends. Yes, that's right, I've made many new friends during this project ;) I just wanted to l...
  • Version 6 Goes Final
    Version 6 Goes Final as v6.0.0.58 I don't even know where to start with the changes, so I'm going to refer you to two documents. Nei...
  • Code review and bug tracking continues
    This is the tedious part of pre-release work ;o. I will release a new beta though, as soon as I possibly can. Although I've got new prob...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (1)
    • ►  March (1)
  • ►  2012 (6)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2011 (166)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (14)
    • ►  June (17)
    • ►  May (19)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (27)
    • ►  February (31)
    • ►  January (20)
  • ►  2010 (203)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (34)
    • ►  October (38)
    • ►  September (17)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (19)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (16)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2009 (43)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ▼  October (10)
      • Process Lasso v3.70.2 released
      • Tightening the Governor
      • Process Lasso v3.70.1 released
      • Process Lasso v3.70 launched
      • ProcessGovernor improvements
      • New final coming soon
      • Is Process Lasso Windows 7 ready? - Yes, it is!
      • Process Lasso v3.65.7 beta released
      • Process Lasso v3.65.3 beta released
      • Two new features and UNICODE
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile