Windows 2000 Support

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 1 July 2009

Auto-restart (keep running) feature added

Posted on 10:09 by Unknown
I've added to v3.61.1 beta a feature to keep selected process(es) running, meaning it will restart them if they terminate (or are otherwise not found to be running). There is still some work remaining before this feature is completed, but the core functionality is in place and ready for casual use and testing.

I personally needed this feature for a problematic process on my HP econo-laptop. The process that facilitates the Synaptics touchpad, SynTPEnh.exe, kept silently crashing, causing the scroll bar on the touchpad to cease working. Now, with Process Lasso v3.61 beta, this touchpad helper process is automatically restarted if it crashes.

I have much more planned for this new beta series. There will likely be near daily builds released as my progress continues. Please do not feel compelled to try to keep up with these updates. Remember, if Process Lasso is working well for you there's no reason to upgrade unless you need the newer features.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • WARNING: Cracks for Process Lasso may modify HOSTS file
    WARNING:  Cracks for Process Lasso have been seen to modify your system HOSTS file so that you can no longer access  bitsum.com  and/or  bit...
  • Licensed user update dialog - Activation code will be automatically populated in license validation box
    Licensed User Update Dialog  - Activation code will be automatically populated in license validation box First, to be clear, the license val...
  • No more COM
    Years ago I wrote my process enumeration and management module. It primarily uses the NT Native API, giving it extended capabilities over th...
  • Process Lasso v3.65.3 beta released
    I've released the first new beta that is 100% UNICODE. I've regression tested almost all the software, though there may still be som...
  • Licensing changes ... Yes, I still call it Free. Do you?
    Starting in Process Lasso v3.50, there have been a few minor changes to the licensing. The free build has these changes: ADDED a system tray...
  • Nag annoyance reduced
    The battle to come up with a tolerable licensing system continues. I struggle with this, as I want my software to be completely free. Howeve...
  • Version 6 Goes Final
    Version 6 Goes Final as v6.0.0.58 I don't even know where to start with the changes, so I'm going to refer you to two documents. Nei...
  • Surprising Benchmarks on AMD Processors - Why the old Phenom II x6 remains a great CPU
    Surprising Benchmarks on AMD Processors The good old x6 Phenom II performs *almost* as fast as the latest unreleased generation of AMD proce...
  • Nag screen changes
    Hi my loyal Process Lasso users and friends. Yes, that's right, I've made many new friends during this project ;) I just wanted to l...
  • Code review and bug tracking continues
    This is the tedious part of pre-release work ;o. I will release a new beta though, as soon as I possibly can. Although I've got new prob...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (1)
    • ►  March (1)
  • ►  2012 (6)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2011 (166)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (14)
    • ►  June (17)
    • ►  May (19)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (27)
    • ►  February (31)
    • ►  January (20)
  • ►  2010 (203)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (34)
    • ►  October (38)
    • ►  September (17)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (19)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (16)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2009 (43)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ▼  July (9)
      • CPU Eater continues to be polished, and now in SFX...
      • Process Lasso v3.62.2 released
      • More work on the CPU Eater Demo app
      • New graphical CPU Eater test application
      • Process Lasso v3.62 released
      • Process Lasso v3.62 coming very soon
      • v3.61.4 beta: Command lines of processes now shown
      • Modules tab restored
      • Auto-restart (keep running) feature added
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile