Windows 2000 Support

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 19 July 2009

New graphical CPU Eater test application

Posted on 08:49 by Unknown
For some time now I've planned writing a graphical version of TestLasso, so that users can more easily see the benefits of Process Lasso's ProBalance. Finally, I've completed that task.

This new graphical CPU Eater is much easier to operate and doesn't require the user to click to a different window before Process Lasso acts upon it (it actually launches TestLasso in the background). I'm sure many users were previously confused with having to click to another window after launching TestLasso, so no more of that ;).

I haven't prettied it up much yet, its just the bare bones. It does have a nice progress bar that helps to see the effects of the test on system responsiveness.

It is integrated with Process Lasso's primary resources, so is available for translation. Of course, initially only the English version is available.

I'll first be distributing this in a stand-alone package, then include it in the next build of Process Lasso.

Download 32-bit CPU Eater
Download 64-bit CPU Eater (for Windows x64 OS only)

Remember, if you don't install Process Lasso the test will simply show the deficiencies in the CPU scheduler. You must install Process Lasso to see the benefits of ProBalance.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • WARNING: Cracks for Process Lasso may modify HOSTS file
    WARNING:  Cracks for Process Lasso have been seen to modify your system HOSTS file so that you can no longer access  bitsum.com  and/or  bit...
  • Licensed user update dialog - Activation code will be automatically populated in license validation box
    Licensed User Update Dialog  - Activation code will be automatically populated in license validation box First, to be clear, the license val...
  • No more COM
    Years ago I wrote my process enumeration and management module. It primarily uses the NT Native API, giving it extended capabilities over th...
  • Process Lasso v3.65.3 beta released
    I've released the first new beta that is 100% UNICODE. I've regression tested almost all the software, though there may still be som...
  • Licensing changes ... Yes, I still call it Free. Do you?
    Starting in Process Lasso v3.50, there have been a few minor changes to the licensing. The free build has these changes: ADDED a system tray...
  • Nag annoyance reduced
    The battle to come up with a tolerable licensing system continues. I struggle with this, as I want my software to be completely free. Howeve...
  • Version 6 Goes Final
    Version 6 Goes Final as v6.0.0.58 I don't even know where to start with the changes, so I'm going to refer you to two documents. Nei...
  • Surprising Benchmarks on AMD Processors - Why the old Phenom II x6 remains a great CPU
    Surprising Benchmarks on AMD Processors The good old x6 Phenom II performs *almost* as fast as the latest unreleased generation of AMD proce...
  • Nag screen changes
    Hi my loyal Process Lasso users and friends. Yes, that's right, I've made many new friends during this project ;) I just wanted to l...
  • Code review and bug tracking continues
    This is the tedious part of pre-release work ;o. I will release a new beta though, as soon as I possibly can. Although I've got new prob...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (1)
    • ►  March (1)
  • ►  2012 (6)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2011 (166)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (14)
    • ►  June (17)
    • ►  May (19)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (27)
    • ►  February (31)
    • ►  January (20)
  • ►  2010 (203)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (34)
    • ►  October (38)
    • ►  September (17)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (19)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (16)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2009 (43)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ▼  July (9)
      • CPU Eater continues to be polished, and now in SFX...
      • Process Lasso v3.62.2 released
      • More work on the CPU Eater Demo app
      • New graphical CPU Eater test application
      • Process Lasso v3.62 released
      • Process Lasso v3.62 coming very soon
      • v3.61.4 beta: Command lines of processes now shown
      • Modules tab restored
      • Auto-restart (keep running) feature added
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile