Windows 2000 Support

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 20 June 2010

v3.99.2 ALPHA released with Task Scheduler 2 integration - no more UAC prompts at login when using 'Highest' rights! About time, eh?

Posted on 01:48 by Unknown



One of my largest blunders has been putting off the work necessary to properly integrate with the Windows Task Scheduler 2.0. I've corrected this now, though some polishing definitely remains -- v3.99.2 alpha is still very alpha.

Now, all this applies ONLY to those who have a reason to need to run Process Lasso in its elevated state (Highest rights) and are running Windows Vista or above (e.g. Windows 7). Otherwise, you can ignore this stuff.

If you are one of those who wants to run Process Lasso with Highest Rights, then be sure to select that during install and all should be good. Selecting it post-install probably works just fine too, but I did not fully evaluate that pathway yet. The next alpha will be more polished, naturally.

This build also switches compilers and was built on a freshly installed Windows OS, so has to be evaluated even closer for strange errata.

Still, it should work, and does in preliminary testing. So, have fun with it guys and girls ;)
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • WARNING: Cracks for Process Lasso may modify HOSTS file
    WARNING:  Cracks for Process Lasso have been seen to modify your system HOSTS file so that you can no longer access  bitsum.com  and/or  bit...
  • Licensed user update dialog - Activation code will be automatically populated in license validation box
    Licensed User Update Dialog  - Activation code will be automatically populated in license validation box First, to be clear, the license val...
  • No more COM
    Years ago I wrote my process enumeration and management module. It primarily uses the NT Native API, giving it extended capabilities over th...
  • Process Lasso v3.65.3 beta released
    I've released the first new beta that is 100% UNICODE. I've regression tested almost all the software, though there may still be som...
  • Licensing changes ... Yes, I still call it Free. Do you?
    Starting in Process Lasso v3.50, there have been a few minor changes to the licensing. The free build has these changes: ADDED a system tray...
  • Nag annoyance reduced
    The battle to come up with a tolerable licensing system continues. I struggle with this, as I want my software to be completely free. Howeve...
  • Surprising Benchmarks on AMD Processors - Why the old Phenom II x6 remains a great CPU
    Surprising Benchmarks on AMD Processors The good old x6 Phenom II performs *almost* as fast as the latest unreleased generation of AMD proce...
  • Nag screen changes
    Hi my loyal Process Lasso users and friends. Yes, that's right, I've made many new friends during this project ;) I just wanted to l...
  • Version 6 Goes Final
    Version 6 Goes Final as v6.0.0.58 I don't even know where to start with the changes, so I'm going to refer you to two documents. Nei...
  • Code review and bug tracking continues
    This is the tedious part of pre-release work ;o. I will release a new beta though, as soon as I possibly can. Although I've got new prob...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (1)
    • ►  March (1)
  • ►  2012 (6)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2011 (166)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (14)
    • ►  June (17)
    • ►  May (19)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (27)
    • ►  February (31)
    • ►  January (20)
  • ▼  2010 (203)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (34)
    • ►  October (38)
    • ►  September (17)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (19)
    • ▼  June (11)
      • A call to reject software bundles (e.g. browser to...
      • TrialPay extended to all home license types
      • A new way to 'buy' Process Lasso Pro for 'free'
      • v3.99.3 alpha released
      • v3.99.2 ALPHA released with Task Scheduler 2 integ...
      • v3.99.1 alpha released
      • v3.99.0 alpha released
      • Disable logging completely
      • v3.89.1 beta released
      • Something to get excited about - NEW process watch...
      • Dialog usability improvements
    • ►  May (16)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2009 (43)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile