Windows 2000 Support

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, 8 February 2010

Urging people to beware of 'foreground boosters'

Posted on 13:18 by Unknown
I would like to take this opportunity to remind users to stay away from any application that boosts the priority class of the foreground process. These sort of utilities are dangerous, and a cheap hack. There is a reason Process Lasso doesn't take this simple approach to solving the NT responsiveness problem - it doesn't work and is dangerous. Windows already uses a few methods of foreground boosting (i.e. longer time slices), and additional boosting of the foreground process priority is not only unhelpful, but also can be quite harmful.

More information is here.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • WARNING: Cracks for Process Lasso may modify HOSTS file
    WARNING:  Cracks for Process Lasso have been seen to modify your system HOSTS file so that you can no longer access  bitsum.com  and/or  bit...
  • Licensed user update dialog - Activation code will be automatically populated in license validation box
    Licensed User Update Dialog  - Activation code will be automatically populated in license validation box First, to be clear, the license val...
  • No more COM
    Years ago I wrote my process enumeration and management module. It primarily uses the NT Native API, giving it extended capabilities over th...
  • Process Lasso v3.65.3 beta released
    I've released the first new beta that is 100% UNICODE. I've regression tested almost all the software, though there may still be som...
  • Licensing changes ... Yes, I still call it Free. Do you?
    Starting in Process Lasso v3.50, there have been a few minor changes to the licensing. The free build has these changes: ADDED a system tray...
  • Nag annoyance reduced
    The battle to come up with a tolerable licensing system continues. I struggle with this, as I want my software to be completely free. Howeve...
  • Surprising Benchmarks on AMD Processors - Why the old Phenom II x6 remains a great CPU
    Surprising Benchmarks on AMD Processors The good old x6 Phenom II performs *almost* as fast as the latest unreleased generation of AMD proce...
  • Nag screen changes
    Hi my loyal Process Lasso users and friends. Yes, that's right, I've made many new friends during this project ;) I just wanted to l...
  • Version 6 Goes Final
    Version 6 Goes Final as v6.0.0.58 I don't even know where to start with the changes, so I'm going to refer you to two documents. Nei...
  • Code review and bug tracking continues
    This is the tedious part of pre-release work ;o. I will release a new beta though, as soon as I possibly can. Although I've got new prob...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (1)
    • ►  March (1)
  • ►  2012 (6)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2011 (166)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (14)
    • ►  June (17)
    • ►  May (19)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (27)
    • ►  February (31)
    • ►  January (20)
  • ▼  2010 (203)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (34)
    • ►  October (38)
    • ►  September (17)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (19)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (16)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ▼  February (6)
      • Finishing up v3.82
      • Instant self-elevate (Manage processes of all users)
      • Process Lasso v3.81.1 beta now available
      • A lull in development? No way..
      • Urging people to beware of 'foreground boosters'
      • v3.80.4 released
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2009 (43)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile