Windows 2000 Support

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, 23 July 2011

RSS links switch back to BITSUM.COM

Posted on 08:25 by Unknown
Using a reverse proxy type with a single line of PHP, I have switched our RSS feeds all to BITSUM.COM. The BITSUM.NET reference feeds still work fine as well. This was important for search and indexing, where I want news feeds about Bitsum.com to be related to Bitsum.com. As always, they are listed here:

http://bitsum.com/rsslinks.php

Try not refresh them too often, I like to edit my posts several hundred times after first making them ;p.

I could move the entire Forum to bitsum.com this way, while keeping it isolated, and allow use of our SSL certificate. I am considering doing just that, but I have wasted a lot of time on this issue and so am going to wait. I want to make sure I've got everything considered. The Forum must be isolated, that's all there is too it. I have to assume that it will be hacked, even if it never is. That's one more barrier to protect customer data (note we keep very little info, no credit cards or other billing stuff.. in fact, we don't even ever get access to your billing info).

Why very few Forums on the internet use SSL I don't know. Honestly, I am of the belief every site should use it all the time -- except for the cost (which may answer my question). It is not only costly, but quite the documentation hassle. The cost is why I have a 'non-wildcard' certificate that only works for 'bitsum.com' (e.g. not 'www.bitsum.com').
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • WARNING: Cracks for Process Lasso may modify HOSTS file
    WARNING:  Cracks for Process Lasso have been seen to modify your system HOSTS file so that you can no longer access  bitsum.com  and/or  bit...
  • Licensed user update dialog - Activation code will be automatically populated in license validation box
    Licensed User Update Dialog  - Activation code will be automatically populated in license validation box First, to be clear, the license val...
  • No more COM
    Years ago I wrote my process enumeration and management module. It primarily uses the NT Native API, giving it extended capabilities over th...
  • Process Lasso v3.65.3 beta released
    I've released the first new beta that is 100% UNICODE. I've regression tested almost all the software, though there may still be som...
  • Licensing changes ... Yes, I still call it Free. Do you?
    Starting in Process Lasso v3.50, there have been a few minor changes to the licensing. The free build has these changes: ADDED a system tray...
  • Nag annoyance reduced
    The battle to come up with a tolerable licensing system continues. I struggle with this, as I want my software to be completely free. Howeve...
  • Surprising Benchmarks on AMD Processors - Why the old Phenom II x6 remains a great CPU
    Surprising Benchmarks on AMD Processors The good old x6 Phenom II performs *almost* as fast as the latest unreleased generation of AMD proce...
  • Nag screen changes
    Hi my loyal Process Lasso users and friends. Yes, that's right, I've made many new friends during this project ;) I just wanted to l...
  • Version 6 Goes Final
    Version 6 Goes Final as v6.0.0.58 I don't even know where to start with the changes, so I'm going to refer you to two documents. Nei...
  • Code review and bug tracking continues
    This is the tedious part of pre-release work ;o. I will release a new beta though, as soon as I possibly can. Although I've got new prob...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (1)
    • ►  March (1)
  • ►  2012 (6)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ▼  2011 (166)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ▼  July (14)
      • New Process Lasso being finished up (probably today)
      • Need a 'Pause' button? Here's a trick until we add it
      • RSS links switch back to BITSUM.COM
      • Process Lasso v5.0.0.37
      • New build coming today
      • Next build coming, held up in QA as I fix some sta...
      • A jolt of enthusiasm
      • v5.0.0.36 released
      • Nearly done with new configuration dialog cleanup ...
      • Smaller minidumps means more submissions
      • Fixing those annoying configuration dialogs
      • Licensing tightened down
      • v5.0.0.32 released
      • v5.0.0.31 released
    • ►  June (17)
    • ►  May (19)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (27)
    • ►  February (31)
    • ►  January (20)
  • ►  2010 (203)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (34)
    • ►  October (38)
    • ►  September (17)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (19)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (16)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2009 (43)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile