Windows 2000 Support

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 29 April 2010

Lifetime updates become available again after brief experiment

Posted on 13:41 by Unknown
Every once and a while I'll try my hand at 'marketing'. This usually doesn't turn out well, and my most recent experiment is no exception.

Based on reviewing other software vendors policies, receiving opinions from partners, and having a desire to simplify my licensing, I decided to try doing away with lifetime update purchases. I figured that if every license had a one year update subscription, it would simply be less confusing and the price of the product more clear. Also, it would allow for more recurring revenue.

Sales this week didn't go bad, but I just haven't felt right about this action. I figure my users are sophisticated and intelligent enough not to need the licensing simplified. Further, they should have the option to purchase licenses with lifetime updates. If *I* were a customer, I'd want this option. So, despite whatever theoretical benefits to doing away with lifetime updates, I never felt comfortable with it, and am now bringing them back.

This experiment lasted about a week. I've now reverted to my old price structure, once again allowing purchase of licenses with lifetime updates at a small premium. Any user who purchased in the interim is eligible for an upgrade to an equal lifetime license by paying the difference. Simply email me and I'll send you an upgrade link.

I don't intend to adjust my prices and licensing structure again for a long, long time. Its fine as-is. I'll be leaving well enough alone ;)
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • WARNING: Cracks for Process Lasso may modify HOSTS file
    WARNING:  Cracks for Process Lasso have been seen to modify your system HOSTS file so that you can no longer access  bitsum.com  and/or  bit...
  • Licensed user update dialog - Activation code will be automatically populated in license validation box
    Licensed User Update Dialog  - Activation code will be automatically populated in license validation box First, to be clear, the license val...
  • No more COM
    Years ago I wrote my process enumeration and management module. It primarily uses the NT Native API, giving it extended capabilities over th...
  • Process Lasso v3.65.3 beta released
    I've released the first new beta that is 100% UNICODE. I've regression tested almost all the software, though there may still be som...
  • Licensing changes ... Yes, I still call it Free. Do you?
    Starting in Process Lasso v3.50, there have been a few minor changes to the licensing. The free build has these changes: ADDED a system tray...
  • Nag annoyance reduced
    The battle to come up with a tolerable licensing system continues. I struggle with this, as I want my software to be completely free. Howeve...
  • Surprising Benchmarks on AMD Processors - Why the old Phenom II x6 remains a great CPU
    Surprising Benchmarks on AMD Processors The good old x6 Phenom II performs *almost* as fast as the latest unreleased generation of AMD proce...
  • Nag screen changes
    Hi my loyal Process Lasso users and friends. Yes, that's right, I've made many new friends during this project ;) I just wanted to l...
  • Version 6 Goes Final
    Version 6 Goes Final as v6.0.0.58 I don't even know where to start with the changes, so I'm going to refer you to two documents. Nei...
  • Code review and bug tracking continues
    This is the tedious part of pre-release work ;o. I will release a new beta though, as soon as I possibly can. Although I've got new prob...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (1)
    • ►  March (1)
  • ►  2012 (6)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2011 (166)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (14)
    • ►  June (17)
    • ►  May (19)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (27)
    • ►  February (31)
    • ►  January (20)
  • ▼  2010 (203)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (34)
    • ►  October (38)
    • ►  September (17)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (19)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (16)
    • ▼  April (8)
      • Lifetime updates become available again after brie...
      • v3.84 released
      • Development advances
      • Before v4, there is v3.84
      • Version 4 on the distant horizon
      • v3.82.5 - a minor update
      • Server Edition Branched
      • v3.82.4 released
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2009 (43)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile